What is a VegFest?
- This FREE admission event is hosted by the non-profit organization Justice For Animals
- VegFest has grown to over 8,000-10,000 in attendance annually by offering activities like cooking and food demonstrations, yoga and kids activities
- PLUS live music, shopping, and informative speakers that are sure to keep everyone entertained all day!
- Small business merchandise and wellness vendors, non-profit animal welfare organizations and adoptions, along with the city’s BEST veg food will be spread out across Allegheny Park.
- Best food festival in Pittsburgh – VOTED 2 years in a row!
We are looking forward to 2019’s celebration of animal advocacy centered organizations and entrepreneurs, and hope you (and your furry friends) will join us!
Why start a VegFest in Pittsburgh?
The ‘story’ behind the party!
The founders of Justice for Animals (JFA), Leila and Natalie, met at a protest against the animal cruelty found in circuses and became instant friends. After creating JFA, they organized VegFest to bring the community together and extend compassion to more than just dogs and cats.
Leila – after working professionally in animal rights and attending and tabling other VegFests across the country
and Natalie – who saw the vision for a VegFest in the city of Pittsburgh, together saw the need for a fun outdoor festival-type celebration to bring attention to important issues in a family friendly and positive way.
They decided to to this by supporting the local community and inviting vendors from Pittsburgh’s small businesses, top-notch veg food establishments, and animal welfare organizations. Bringing together aspects of sustainable living, such as yoga, and live music to round out the fun festival atmosphere, VegFest 2015 was received beyond expectations–bringing out nearly 5,000 Pittsburghers!
The overwhelming response of Pittsburgh embracing VegFest solidified its need in Pittsburgh for with a mission to make each year bigger and better!